Friday, January 20, 2012

Tool #2: Attention Defecit


Okay, not clinical, diagnosed ADD.  Just the inability to stay focused on one style for a long period of time.  As I've stated before, if you're the type of person who wants to decorate once, get it over with, and be satisfied with the results for a lifetime, you really shouldn't be a Half Assed Decorator.  You might as well choose things that will hold up indefinitely and aren't too trendy.  If you have no budget issues, hire a professional decorator with ASID qualifications and select quality furnishings and accessories.  If you have budget issues, you may have to wait and save to get what you like piece by piece.  But if you're like me, and enjoy the feeling of new surroundings every now and then, or if you find yourself loving everything you see from traditional to modern, you have what it takes.  I absolutely love my things, until I don't, and then I can't change them fast enough.  About once every six to eight years, I tire of my "look" and feel compelled to remake it.  It's happening now, which is why this blog is so timely.  As I change things up, I will share my projects with you.  Even if you don't want to redo the whole house, if you're a bit ADD, experiment with rearranging the furniture.  If you're excited by the new arrangement every time you walk in the door, you have the lack of focus it takes to be a Half Assed Decorator.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment